Your privacy on Avanade site
What information do we gather?
Avanade collects information at its sites in two ways: (1) passively (for example, through our website's technology), and (2) actively (for example, if you send us an e-mail request).
When you visit our site, our software automatically collects some information from your computer. The information includes:
- Information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see the Cookies section for more information.
We also collect information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example,
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference, requesting a white paper or applying for a job. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Responses to surveys that we distribute in which you elect to participate.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an Avanade site.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data”.
How do we use information that we collect from the site?
We use personal data that you submit to us to provide you with information you request, process online job applications, and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
- To fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content.
- For surveys or research questionnaires.
- To personalize your site experience.
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
If you ask for more information about the services that Avanade provides, we may store and use the information you provide for marketing purposes. If you submit a technical question to us, we may store your question and we may contact you if we need clarification on the question. Also, we may post your question along with our answer on our site. However, we will not include your last name or email address if we post an answer to your question.
Similarly, if you contact us through our site to inquire about employment opportunities with Avanade, we may collect and store the information you provide for recruiting purposes. On the recruiting site, you will be asked for information necessary for the recruiting process such as your name, contact information and technical experience. Because different jurisdictions have different privacy laws and Avanade is committed to complying with such laws, when applying for positions in some locations, before you can submit your CV/Resume you will need to indicate your consent to the following conditions respecting the use of your CV/Resume by Avanade: (1) Avanade, its affiliates, and agents will store, access, and use the information in any jurisdiction, including jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction; and (2) Avanade, its affiliates and agents, may use this information to evaluate your eligibility for employment and to contact you for recruiting purposes. Please note that people under 18 years old are not authorized to submit recruiting information on our site.
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our site to make it a more positive user experience. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
Will we share your personal data with outside parties?
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose. For example:
- We may need to share certain personal information, like food preferences and special accommodation requirements, to caterers, hotels, and to other business partners, if we are managing a jointly sponsored event and these other parties have a business need to know this information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will have informed you at the time of collection that the data will be shared with our partners and you will have the option of providing it or not providing it.
- We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets.
We may provide information we collect that does not allow you to be personally identified ("Aggregate Information") to third parties, including without limitation, information about your access and use of the site. For example, we might provide such Aggregate Information to a third party to inform the party of the number of users of the site and the activities that they conduct while on the site.
What about sensitive personal data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through our website. If we do seek to collect such data, we will ask you to expressly consent to our proposed uses of the data. If you provide us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you are consenting to our use of that data subject to applicable law. The references to "sensitive personal data" are to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories comprise personal identity numbers, personal data about personality and private life, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, genetic code, addictions, sexual life, property matters or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
What about data security?
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Avanade’s website. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where will your personal data be processed?
As a global organization, personal data that we collect may be transferred internationally throughout Avanade's worldwide organization. We have internal policies in place that are designed to ensure an equivalent level of protection is in place across our organization.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you at any time by using our Contact Us form.