What matters to the American Dental Association (ADA) is empowering members to better serve their patients. Since 1859, the ADA has been on a mission to support the success of its member dentists and advance the oral health of the public. The ADA website was designed to be a one-stop-shop for services and resources to enhance members’ dental businesses, but members couldn’t find what they were looking for because it wasn’t organized in an intuitive way.
The ADA engaged Accenture and Avanade – a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft – to help it better meet the needs of its members by revamping its digital experience. Avanade helped build a new site and membership hub that can be accessed on both mobile devices and computers using the Sitecore Experience Platform hosted on Microsoft Azure. We remapped the ADA’s site content to give each page a defined focus and created a user interface design system that makes calls to action clear and clickable. We also developed 32 new components and templates to give content authors everything they need to build an unlimited number of pages with a consistent style, layout and imagery.
The new dynamic, persona-based hub gives members access to content that’s timely and relevant, keeping them engaged in the ADA’s services and empowered to promote their patients oral health. Benefits include:
- Enhanced digital member experience: Hundreds of surveyed members have noted their satisfaction with the new site
- Simplified access to content and user flows, resulting in a:
- 27% increase in the average number of pages each user accesses per visit
- 7% increase in total page views
- 14% increase in the average time users spend on the site
- Improved content governance By retiring 90% of content, the ADA website is now performing more efficiently.
- Call center cost savings: The ADA has seen a reduction in questions relating to the website, as users are able to find what they’re looking for more easily.