Tips for Applicants
We realize that searching for your next career opportunity can be daunting, as can the recruitment process. Remember we’re not here to trick you – what we want is to meet the real you.
So take a deep breath, be ready for the questions we’ll ask you, but don’t be afraid to ask questions back. Remember, you’re interviewing Avanade too!
Look at our competencies and behaviors
We think it’s important to understand how your background and expertise can contribute to our organization. With that in mind we have a set of competencies and behaviors we use to review applications and interview candidates. Think about how your own experience can map to these competencies and behaviors, so you’re best prepared to discuss these with us during the interview process. To do that, start by checking which Skill Family you’re interested in.
View our competencies >
Avanade's online application will take you approximately 5 minutes to complete, so it’s not long. But it’s important you know what we’re looking for:
- Review our website to learn about our business and the type of candidates we’re looking for. Understand the qualifications and experience you need. Make sure there’s a good match between your experience and the role you’re going for.
- Think carefully about how to demonstrate your strengths on your application. Don't just describe achievements; explain how you used your skills and experiences, and use current examples from a wide range of situations.
- Check your spelling and grammar before submitting! Or if you’ve been working on the form for a long time, get someone else to check it for you.
- Keep a copy of the application form to reread before your interview.
The key to a successful interview is preparation! Here are some topics to think about before the big day:
- Be prepared to describe what you want in a career/employer.
- Identify your strengths and areas for improvement.
- Identify your goals and objectives (both short and long term).
- Practise speaking about how your skills and interests relate to the position you’re applying for.
Be prepared to elaborate on each of the following topics:
- your career objectives
- your educational experience
- your skills and work experience
- extra-curricular activities
- references and contact information.
- Read our company websites, corporate literature and industry publications.
- Find out who our competitors are.
- Speak to alumni or current employees if you can.
- Make sure you have accurate directions to the interview site (test them if possible).
- Make sure you’ve submitted all the necessary documents beforehand, and that you’ve got all the documents you need with you.
- Dress right. Generally the dress code at Avanade is business casual but this can vary by role and location. If you’d like to check, do contact your recruiter.
- Prepare some questions about the role and company.