Demonstrating our security commitment to our clients
At Avanade, we understand the global threat landscape is evolving in complexity with an increasing number of attacks. Countries are quickly evolving regulatory and compliance requirements to better protect the data and privacy of companies and citizens.
Avanade invests in security and privacy throughout our business because we understand your information assets are critical to the success of your business. It is important to us that you can trust that Avanade understands the unique security risks and concerns that can accompany new business solutions.
“At Avanade, we’re deeply committed to protecting our clients’ data security and privacy. We invest significant resources in our people, processes and technologies to protect our clients.”
Security trained and capable workforce
Our people are trained annually on information security considerations. All Avanade personnel are required to pass a series of information security training courses, including safe information security practices, Client Data Protection (CDP) training, understanding data classification and applying Avanade’s Code of Business Ethics (CoBE).
In addition, every Avanade client delivery requires a two-part CDP program:
- A risk assessment to determine where the client's risk lies in relation to the project
- A mitigation phase that uses a Client Data Protection plan comprised of 17 to 22 security control areas operated by the project team.
Designed to meet Avanade’s security commitments
Avanade continually invests in information security-enabled capabilities to mitigate risks and meet our obligations to clients. Our people participate in our internal “Security Essentials” program, which matches the complexity and subject matter of security training to the focused area of their role.
The Office of Chief Information and Security Officer is heavily invested in ensuring our client solutions address information security concerns to help safeguard client data and privacy.
We build security to your requirements
We operate an Information Security Management System (ISMS) to apply practices and guidance in managing our risks as a trusted provider.
Our Business Continuity Management (BCM) efforts work to manage risk to ensure resiliency, continuity and availability of our business operations. Avanade’s BCM follows the lifecycle defined by the Business Continuity Institute (BCI).
We operate security programs that apply principles of the ISO 27001 prescription for a management system and the ISO 27002 code of practice.
This includes using providers and vendors that have appropriate attestations for their business operations (as an example, by seeking evidence of a certified ISO 27001 program and/or SSAE16 SOC1 and SOC2 annual audit reports).
We know the Microsoft ecosystem
Avanade has unparalleled expertise with Microsoft products, technologies and solutions, and we leverage that experience to advise you on the geographic data privacy obligations and security control requirements where you do business. That includes the international, regulatory and industry-specific compliance standards.
Our deep understanding of how these technologies can be implemented on a practical level can help you maneuver in the global data security and privacy regulatory landscape. Our proven expertise includes:
- Deployed more Microsoft Office 365 seats than any other Microsoft partner
- Proven Microsoft Cloud expertise on the Azure cloud and the Hybrid cloud
- Managed over 10,000 major projects for more than 4,000 clients worldwide
- Recognized with over 90 Microsoft partner awards
- Microsoft Gold Partner, with more than 23 Microsoft Gold Competencies
- 29,000 skilled professionals with diverse backgrounds, 20% of whom are women
- Over 24,000 Microsoft technical certifications
- No. 1 in number of .NET certified professionals and 25+ MVP awards
- More than 1 million Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) seats actively managed