Digital transformation has increased contacts between insurers and policyholders. Improving the customer experience is now a priority for insurers with major challenges in operational organization and efficiency. To meet these new challenges, Generali France launched a vast project to improve its operational efficiency and customer services by adopting robotic process automation (RPA). The objective is to make the customer experience more fluid by simplifying exchanges, reducing response times, and enabling real-time monitoring of customer requests.
After several successful RPA projects, Generali needed to take it to the next level and industrialize production.
Avanade and Generali set up an operational center of excellence comprised of:
- A team of business analysts in France, responsible for qualifying and monitoring processes
- A development team based in Riga
- A maintenance and expertise team in Paris
In order to automate its processes, Generali chose the UiPath solution. Approximately 30 processes have been automated, covering all sectors of the company's activity in non-addressable perimeters via traditional IT solutions (low volumes, multi-tool processes, business irritants, etc.). This project enabled:
- Accelerated production of new robots
- Improved production stability
- Control of project and maintenance costs
- Faster processing of simple requests
- Better attention to the business and day-to-day relationships with intermediaries and clients
- More detailed view of the reality of the cases encountered
“RPA mainly allows us to avoid certain re-entry or administrative tasks, such as document consolidation, disaster analysis or the generation of certificates. The partnership with Avanade enabled us to quickly gain momentum and to contemplate the future with confidence with these new technologies.”