A major focus on digital transformation at Ignite and Envision 2017
- Posted on September 18, 2017
- Estimated reading time 3 minutes
2017 is shaping up to be the year that organizations finally move to the cloud to take full advantage of what it means to be digital. The modern digital workplace is a reality thanks to customized business applications, an advanced IT infrastructure and enhanced data analytics capabilities for everyone. It’s no surprise that Microsoft’s Azure platform has been instrumental in making this happen - a comprehensive and secure Cloud platform across IaaS and PaaS, unparalleled integration with Office 365, unique hybrid experience with Azure Stack, first-class support for Linux and open-source tooling, and a robust partner ecosystem. In fact, Gartner has recognized Microsoft as a leader in their Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) MQ for the fourth consecutive year. As for Avanade, we’re thrilled to be recognized along with Accenture as the 2017 Microsoft Alliance SI Partner of the Year for the 10th consecutive year and the 2017 Microsoft Azure Alliance Partner of the Year.
That’s why Microsoft’s upcoming Ignite and Envision conferences are a perfect place to talk about how digital transformation is changing how organizations do business. Be sure to catch the following sessions to learn how Avanade clients Antares Capital, Towergate Insurance, Le Creuset, Marks and Spencer and others have transformed their organizations:
• Monday, Sept 25 at 3pm (Envision): Avanade’s Peter Rivera and Accenture’s Kamran Ikram will talk with Towergate CIO Gordon Walters and Antares Capital CIO Mary Cecola about taking financial services companies to the cloud in “FS in the Cloud: Antares Capital and Towergate Insurance”
• Tuesday, Sept 26 at 11:00am (Envision): Antares Capital CIO Mary Cecola will join Microsoft’s Guillermo Kopp to discuss what it takes to embrace a digital workplace in “Empower Employees: Antares Capital Embraces Digital Workplace”
• Tuesday, Sept 26 at 11am (Envision): Avanade’s Juan Gutierrez Barillo will talk with Le Creuset about “How leading retailers are transforming to compete”
• Tuesday, Sept 26 at 12:30pm (Ignite): Matt Joe leading a discussion about enterprises adopting AI and HoloLens entitled: “Straight Talk on AI and Mixed Reality”
I’m pleased that we’ll also have our Avanade industry experts sharing their knowledge covering critical business areas of focus throughout Microsoft Ignite:
• Monday, Sept 25 at 2:15: Joseph Paradi, a member of the Avanade ITS team, is partnering with Microsoft in a session on “Windows Modern Management”
• Wednesday, Sept 27 at 12:30 p.m. (Ignite): Avanade’s Pat Cimprich and Accenture’s Sean Peterson and Ron Gilpin will discuss Azure Stack, including the benefits of a hybrid approach and what it takes to manage using Accenture Cloud Platform in: “Microsoft Azure Stack: Thinking and Realizing Beyond the Box”
• Friday, Sept 28 at 10:45: Michelle Caldwell and Wictor Wilen will participate in an MVP panel discussion on all things SharePoint and OneDrive.
One keynote at Ignite that you won’t want to miss is Accenture’s CIO, Andrew Wilson, who will speak to the massive digital transformation that has taken place at Accenture. Andrew will be kicking things off on Monday in Jason Zander’s Apps and Infrastructure keynote, discussing the strategic adoption of modern apps and deployment of a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure that drives business success for everyone.
Women in Technology is a core value at Avanade and Accenture. I’m thrilled to see that Accenture Technology Senior Managing Director Annette Rippert will be sharing her experience, advice and perspective as part of the Women in Technology luncheon on Wednesday, September 27.
Avanade and Accenture are honored to play a prominent role as a Diamond Sponsor for Ignite and Platinum Sponsor for Envision. We invite you to stop by booth #473 in the Ignite Expo Hall and learn about some of our business strategies that drive digital transformation for our clients. (Note: the expo is available to both Ignite and Envision attendees.) We’ll be showcasing several demos devoted to the hottest technologies that many CIOs and IT leaders are seeking today: artificial intelligence, cloud acceleration and enterprise security.
Whether you’re attending Envision or Ignite, we look forward to seeing you at this amazing event.