4 benefits from investing in a digital workplace
- Posted on December 1, 2016
A few facts on our changing world: digital natives will have 20 different jobs in five different careers in their lifetime. Technology has made us five times more productive since 1972. 50% of the workforce will be Millennials by 2020 and could be working with their grandfathers. By 2025, 45% of workers will be contractors. 47% of jobs will be automated in the next 15 years.
At the same time, we are witnessing new experiences in communications such as smart watches, the virtual reality headsets in the office and customer service chatbots. New participants such as millennials, contractors, smart assistants and robots help reshape productivity and transform products [CLICK TO TWEET].
Investing in a digital workplace allows your organization to adapt to those changes and brings four key benefits: engage people, drive up customer lifetime value, create actionable insights, and adapt in real time.
- Increasing employee engagement – this drives higher employee retention and attraction, stimulates innovation and increases speed, flexibility and decision-making.
- Increasing customer lifetime value – this means happy profitable customers willing to return and spend more on high margin items, because they enjoy a great sales and service experience.
- Enabling actionable insights for employees – you can deliver quicker and more accurate decision-making by increasing data visibility and access that supports agile behaviors to respond to the marketplace.
- Adapting in real time – when you’re dynamically synced you can adapt better to market and manufacturing conditions based on IoT data will drive operational efficiency, incremental products and services revenue and agility.
Ultimately, building a digital workplace will drive a new digital culture based on employee engagement and informed decisions and will help you maximize your ROI.