MMD end-of-life: What’s next for device management
- Posted on August 21, 2023
- Estimated reading time 2 minutes
Microsoft’s recent announcement that it will retire its Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) service on July 31, 2024, may leave you unsettled and wondering: what’s next? For organizations relying on MMD services and those planning to or in the process of onboarding, there is life after MMD.
As an MMD launch and certified partner, Avanade has designed our endpoint and security services around the same technologies and delivery principles, modern management tools and techniques as the MMD service. That means we can provide service continuity – plus a bit more. Here’s how:
- End-to-end services – Our services can meet your full endpoint – physical and virtual – and security management needs. We can also extend managed services to non-Microsoft technologies and other activities that would be your responsibility with an MMD service. Beyond endpoint and security, our services cover application, cloud, data, Service Desk and more.
- Flexibility – We customize our service configuration to your specific needs and can relax some of the restrictions of the MMD service, provide support for more applications and adapt to your change processes. In short, we can provide support to more of your devices.
- Continuous improvement – We improve our service by focusing on your organization’s specific needs to drive value for your organization, which we commit to through service (SLAs) and experience level agreements (XLAs).
- Tools and assets – Our services come with our Avanade Management Platform, which provides deep insight and a rich user experience to environment management. With built-in automation, we bring an extensive list of automation assets and the flexibility to develop further automation to meet your needs.
Let your journey continue with Avanade
No matter where you are on your device and security management journey, we’re here to help.
- Existing MMD clients – We’re working with Microsoft and existing clients to transition services, taking over the sub-elements in our end-to-end service that were being delivered by Microsoft. The MMD service was in most cases abstracted, so there may be little change in experience for your people. For organizations in need of partner, please contact us to explore your options and see how we can help.
- Organizations in transition - If you’re in the process of experimenting or have a future strategy to move to MMD, your efforts are not wasted. We can help you realize the outcomes you were hoping to achieve with the MMD service and extend the principles to non-Microsoft technologies.
Contact us now to discuss your options and learn more.