The Strategy and Development Department of AstraZeneca France Department wanted to refresh its corporate Internet site so that it could interact efficiently with customers (general public, patients, press, future employees). They needed a design and implementation which allowed them to:
- Administer announcements for the Internet users or press users,
- Manage of Human Resources relations with the Internet users.
Avanade designed a large part of the application using .NET technology leveraging its ACA.NET asset in order to reduce development time and meet the project deadline. This ensured that the application would not have to be rewritten when it was migrated to the .NET platform.
- An “http grabber” was developed to translate ASP.NET pages to html static pages.
- Content Management and Back Office were developed using .NET.
- The remainder of the application consisted of a number of regular ASP pages designed in an object oriented manner.
- Better and more timely communication with customers and partners.
- Increased AstraZeneca Brand presence on the Internet
- Improved recruitment process