Tiago Minchin is Avanade Portugal’s Country Manager with 23 years of experience working across financial services clients in Portugal, Spain, Brazil and Africa.
Leading Technology for Financial Services in Portugal since 2015, Minchin has been responsible for client portfolio management, including sales strategy, origination and execution and project delivery for System Integration and Application Outsourcing services across banking and insurance clients.
He was Managing Director in Financial Services Brazil, based in São Paulo office, between 2008-2011, with client account leading responsibilities in banking clients.
Relevant experience in IT transformation initiatives in financial services institutions, including:
- Digital transformation in banking industry: front end renewals, IT architectures, core banking decoupling, BI, paperless operations, front and back office automation.
- IT strategy definition, planning and execution.
- Functional and technical architecture design and implementation for different business domains.
- Banking multichannel platform and branch front-end design, implementation and operation.
- Core banking, payments and credit cards platforms design and implementation.
- Post-Merger IT integration planning, definition and management.
- Business solutions design, implementation and testing for different banking and payment institutions.
- Business and technical operating model definition.
- Application Outsourcing setup, transition and service management.
Minchin has an Economics degree in 1995 in ISEG - Universidade Técnica de Lisboa. PADE - Advanced Management Program from AESE/IESE in 2015/16.