Avanade TrademarksAvanade values its trademarks because they represent and identify Avanade in the workplace and within the Consulting industry. This page contains detailed information about how to reference Avanade trademarks in different uses.
Proper use of Avanade trademarks is important. You may use Avanade trademarks or Avanade asset names to refer to Avanade assets and services provided you follow these guidelines. Your use must not mislead consumers as to any Avanade sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, or your products or services.
Trademark registration symbols should be applied accordingly.
The following is a guide for using the trademarked Avanade name and logo in the U.S.:
- The proper marking of our name and logo is with the circled R ® in superscript format. This circled R, however, should NOT be used with our legal name, which is Avanade Inc.
- It is not necessary to use the mark with every occurrence of the name in a single printed item, however, it should be used at least once, either the first time the name is used or with the most prominent use of the name in each printed piece.
- In addition, you can use an asterisk after the Avanade name which would direct the reader to a footnote which contains the following language : "Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office " or "Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm Off." Or in some cases, the following may be more useful: Avanade® is a trademark of Avanade Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Trademarks should be either capitalized completely, italicized, or bold-faced.
- The Avanade name should not be pluralized, used in the possessive form or used as a verb.
- Using the trademark symbol is necessary when the mark is imprinted on products or packaging by a licensee. In this case, the products are distributed by a party other than Avanade and that party’s name appears on the product or packaging or our marks appear together.
- Trademark rights vary from country to country. Therefore, marking should conform to the requirements of local trademark law. In addition, marking should be in the local language(s) or otherwise meaningful to the country in which the products or services are advertised or sold. Always check with firstname.lastname@example.org for usage direction outside of the U.S.
- Set Avanade trademarks apart from other words or nouns they modify. The common way to do this is to capitalize the product name and use the appropriate trademark symbol and appropriate descriptor. You may also underline, italicize, or bold the name. Examples:
- Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of Avanade trademarks
Do not use any Avanade logo or icons on or in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or Web sites for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Avanade. Avanade Logos may only be used in limited situations when referring to Avanade Inc. and must be licensed. You may not use any Avanade logo without a license or written specifications from Avanade. Please contact the Avanade Legal Department to obtain a Logo license at email@example.com.
You may place a text link to an Avanade Web page on your site if the text link is not a prominent feature on the site or used in any way to confuse or mislead consumers. You may refer to the Avanade company name or Avanade product and service names in a plain text font and format, provided this use follows our general trademark guidelines. Except for the Logos as provided by Avanade, you may not use any other logo or graphic to link to Avanade. You may only use Avanade logos in accordance with the Avanade Logo guidelines and Logo license agreement.
You may reference Avanade services and technology names on your Web site, provided the reference complies with the guidelines herein. Do not use any Avanade trademark in the title of your Web site or as a second-level domain name.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences
You may reference Avanade services and technology names on the cover of magazines and periodicals, and in the title of seminars and conferences, provided you comply with the guidelines herein and the following specifications:
- The publication, seminar, or conference should relate to the specific Avanade service or technology referenced.
- Your name and logo should appear more prominently than the Avanade word mark on all printed materials related to the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Avanade, similar to the example below, should be included on the publication and all related printed materials:
"(Title) is an independent (publication) and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Avanade Inc."
- You should include a trademark attribution (the circled R ® in superscript format).
- Do not use an Avanade trademark as the leading word (or most prominent element) in your magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference title. Special circumstances may merit a license from Avanade.
- Do not use an Avanade trademark in any manner that suggests Avanade has an affiliation, sponsorship, or certification of the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
Do not use or register any Avanade trademark, including Avanade logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name. Do not place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to (or combine them with) an Avanade registered mark.
Endorsement or Sponsorship
Unless approved in writing or by license, do not use any Avanade trademark in any manner that expresses or implies that Avanade has an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or has given approval to the use. Do not use any Avanade trademark in such a manner that it appears Avanade is legally associated with your company. You must display your company name more prominently than any Avanade trademark on all materials.
Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items such as T-shirts, mugs, etc. bearing any Avanade trademark, including logos, unless you have obtained an expressed written trademark license from Avanade.
Trade Dress and Advertising Elements
Do not imitate any Avanade logos, logotypes, trade dress, or other elements of Avanade branding and Web sites in any of your materials, including but not limited to advertising, product packaging, Web sites, and promotional materials.
Slogans and Taglines
Do not use or imitate any Avanade tagline including but not limited to "systems.solutions.success."