#Avanade20Years: 118 password changes and more stats from 20 years at Avanade
- Posted on March 5, 2020
- Estimated reading time 2 minutes
We continue our #Avanade20Years special series on the blog in celebration of our 20th Anniversary on April 4, 2020. This week, we’re featuring senior director Eric Sibly, who spent nearly 20 years working in different offices in Avanade Australia before relocating to Seattle this year. Two decades can’t be summed up with numbers alone, but Eric pulled some stats to give us a sense of just how much has happened since 2000.
These past years at Avanade have been amazing – the varied experiences and the awesome people, plus the overriding culture of having fun is why I am still here today. I am truly excited for Avanade’s 20th year and what that will bring for us all.
Here are some facts and figures about my time so far:
- 20 years at Avanade on Dec. 11, 2020.
- Employee No. 18 in Australia, Avanade Australia’s first Project Manager.
- 3 relocations with Avanade: Melbourne > Canberra > Brisbane > Seattle.
- Worked out of 16 cities – Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Cairns, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Chennai, Manila, Seattle, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Phoenix and Des Moines.
- 7 internal roles – Project Manager, Solutions Developer, Solutions Architect, CTO, CTIO, Enterprise Tech Architect, and now Apps & Infra COE Architect
- 25+ projects delivering directly with our clients.
- 118 password changes.
- 3 global CEOs.
- 6 Australia GMs.
- 3 TechSummits, including the very first edition.
- 1 broken wrist mountain biking in Park City, Utah (travelling for Remington).
- 13,049,516 jokes about being a Kiwi, or short, or both, or sheep …
Beyond the great time delivering on our projects, there have been many, many more amazing interactions with our clients and our people during meetings, pre-sales activities, training courses, Avanade events and off-sites. I have truly had the most amazing time working here, and I can’t wait to see what the next 20 years look like.